RadarBI versions history
(April 5, 2012):
- General. New abilities and fixes in Gauge, DataPeeker and Data
- Localization. The components Table and Map can now be localized
as well as other components;
- Multiple selection on Chart and Map. This can be very useful
if you want to filter your data by region, for example;
- Help and documentation. Help is populated with many articles and
topics on component tuning, datasource initializing, and data filtering.
(February 5, 2012):
- General. Format editor for you data. Now you can easily change
the look and feel of your data in a map, table, chart and other controls;
- Gauge. The general functionality of the gauge improved. Now you can add the color ranges and keep several indicators in a single gauge. Every indicator
can be one of the three types: point, bar or state. Some errors have been fixed;
- Maps. The legend of the map added. It makes the maps more useful
and informative. OLAP Grid. Some errors have been fixed;
- Databases. Some table names were not valid. Now when the calculated
fields are created the expressions are checked if they are valid. The database clone
function is fixed;
- UI. The context menu of the floating panes is now more intuitive.
Some localization changed to make it easy. The look and feel of samples is more
attractive. Several UI errors have been fixed;
- Silverlight viewer. The first loading is much faster. Now the viewer
can be extended to the whole screen size. Some errors have been fixed.
(November 29, 2011):
- New Map Widget. Now the cartographic data can be displayed from Bing, OpenStreet, and also from SHP and KML files. The map can display selected cities, which coordinates can be taken from the database or defined automatically (through the Bing Service). The attributes like color and size can be converted from the values or be constant;
- Formatting. Several new format masks added for currency and percent values;
- Table Widget. Columns removal, sizing and ordering is improved. Now you can use columns with the same names and also format the values in the cells;
- Data Source Editor. The data source editor is now more stable and easy to edit its elements;
- Data Controllers. Different kinds of bugs are possible when filtering is aggressively used;
- Chart Widget. New master style. Markers formatting. Invalid operations are disabled;
- RichTextBox Widget. Now is correctly displayed under Silverlight. New RichTextBox master;
- Calendar Widget. Some bugs fixed on incorrect properties settings.
(October 20, 2011):
- Data formatting significantly
improved in both Grid and Chart;
- Chart now
has much more needed abilities, like multi-axes, zoom and scrolling, more legend
and titles settings, and much more;
- Dataset editor now can show the content of any table or view;
- Some bugs have been fixed.
(September 7, 2011):
- The performance of some widgets, especially Table widget, considerably boosted. The amount of the required memory is now much less;
- Spanish localization.
- RadarBI Web Viewer does not work on an ASP.NET page with the defined Master Page;
- RadarBI documentation may not show pictures;
- The Gauge widget may be unstable under some circumstances;
- A row of minor bugs fixed.
(August 23, 2011):
What's new in version 2.1.0?
Templates. Working with templates
is a lot easy now. The template properties can be now modified from within a report
- Themes. All elements
can be displayed in a single color theme. A theme can be assigned to the whole report
or to a certain element in it. By default the elements take the theme from its parent
- Styles. The style editor
added. When updating the style all components of that style are also updated;
- RichText. New component
to put rich text in the report. Certain parts of the text can be assigned different
colors, fonts, etc;
- Help. New help topics
added on visual properties, containers, themes, styles and more.
- Bugs fixed. Sometimes RadarBI can freeze for a long time without any particular
reason on Windows 7/64 bit system and then get working again.
(July 8, 2011):
The RadarBI 2.0 beta 2 (18.104.22.168) is released. Here is the short list of changes.
- Ability to edit the OLAP data source.
- When embedding the Viewer into a web application RadarReportViewer control does not require ScriptManager.
- New auto-saving option.
- Help renewed.
- RadarBI Designer occasionally "hangs" on x64 systems.
- Incorrect tables processing when creating a data source.
- Better positioning of the controls in RadarBI Designer .
- Minor bugs.
(June 27, 2011):
- A brand new way to access data.
- New way if binding visual objects to data.
- Relations between visual objects in reports.
- Significantly boosted the performance.
- And more, more, more...
(December 8, 2010):
- The new master-detail connections editor. Allows adding related elements (tables and charts) to the report. Connections are built based on the current data schema.
- A new visual element - gadget. Gadgets allow displaying reports on the page of another report. If the displayed report has more than one page, the gadget will let you switch between them (see examples in RadarBI Designer)
- Context help. Now you can call the help for the selected element by pressing F1.
- Zoom of the working area - now you're able to change its scale.
- Speeding up the loading of the applications and the save\load of the report process.
- Some examples updated and fixed.
- Memory leaks removed, interface improved, many minor errors fixed.
(October 14, 2010):
- Improved multi-page content distribution in RadarBI Viewer and RadarBI Designer;
- Some examples of dashboards added;
- User Interface improved.
- Some export errors related to incorrect page parameters;
- Drag-n-drop does not work in Workbench;
- Improved error handling when connecting to a database.
(September 29, 2010):
- Multi-page report export;
and improved user interface;
- Auto-detecting and updating to the new releases;
- The trial and commercial distributives are now the same, so there's no need to download
the commercial one for the second time.