RadarCube for ASP.NET versions history
(October 28, 2013):
- After some time of inactivity the olap controls may get out of work. Now this is
changed so a user doesn’t find his controls not working when he gets back to the
PC after a coffee break;
- New property TempPath allows to locate the Temp folder where the controls put their
data to store.
- The error when HTML 5 is not supported by a web browser is now handled and sends
out the appropriate error message;
- Some minor bugs fixed.
(September 20, 2013):
- Export of the Grid in Excel 2007 format;
- RIA Olap Grid: New properties AllowBackgroundArea, AllowForegroundArea, AllowLegends
that allow to manage the areas of color modifiers and the legend.
- IE 10 might not display the themes correctly;
- The page navigation might not work in the grid on the low levels of detailing;
- HTML OLAP Grid: The filter edotor does not work for the hierarchies that are out
of any pivot area.
(July 11, 2013):
- Color modification in Silverlight OLAP Grid.
- Sometimes a hierarchy doesn't have
members that actually must be there, and the
method THierarchy.FindMemberByName(string MemberName) returns null.
(June 28, 2013):
- Color modifications of the grid cells depending on the measure values or the hierarchy
members (see the Demo application).
- Sometimes the progress bar refuses to show up when going to the server;
- Sometimes opening a tree node in the hierarchy editor leads to an error;
- Sometimes there an error occurs on activating TOLAPCube.
(April 23, 2013):
- HTML OLAP Chart: Export to an image, html, and pdf;
- RIA OLAP Chart: Export to an image improved;
- HTML and RIA OLAP Chart: The new property TOLAPGrid.Options.HierarchiesDisplayMode
allows to choose how the hierarchies are displayed on the export. It may be of the
following values: Default – The value from TOLAPGrid.HierarchiesDisplayMode, TableLike,
Use the following construction: $find('olap control client id').loadLayout(xmlLayout),
where xmlLayout - UTF8-encoded xml string of the control layout.
- RIA OLAP Grid: The properties of TOLAPGrid.Options are not working on the grid export.
(March 5, 2013):
- Now it's possible to place several olap grids and charts on one page;
- Now every measure can be displayed with its own chart type;
- The types of the charts can now be saved/restored along with other properties;
- Several sorting errors fixed: descending sorting doesn't work, sorting resets after
- Infoattributes are now shown independently from what is shown in Tooltips;
- Not all hierarchy members are shown after a multilevel hierarchy is opened in some ways;
- Layouts that contain calculated measures may be saved and restored with errors;
(January 15, 2013):
- HTML OLAP Chart: Several measures can be added to a single chart in run-time;
- RIA Chart: Export to the image now adds the visible pivot-panels and the legend.
- HTML OLAP Grid and Chart: When pivoting only needed areas are highlighted;
- HTML OLAP Grid: The progress bar sometimes freezes without a reason;
- HTML OLAP Chart: The error on selecting the series points.
(December 20, 2012):
- Axis headers. Now the headers of the chart axes can be displayed to make the chart
- The X axis for measures is now most like the Y axis with even distribution of numbers
along the axis;
- Rounding of the labels on the numeric axes;
- The scale of the chart can now be set from the code using the method TOLAPChart.SetScale;
- Several bugs were fixed.
(December 6, 2012):
- In IE when the cube structure area takes 100% of screen width (StructureTreeWidth="100%")
the horizontal scroll bar in pivot panels is invisible;
- In the cube structure tree the checkboxes do not work correctly;
- The calculated fields created in run-time now display in the cube structure tree;
- The measure elements are not displayed in the dimension areas;
- HTML OLAP Chart:
minor visualizing downsides.
(November 27, 2012):
We are glad to announce that we released the big update for RadarCube ASP.NET. The
main feature of the new release is the new control
HTML OLAP Chart that allows visualizing OLAP slices as graphs
counting solely on HTML 5 capabilities. As an outcome this control works in Internet
Explorer 9+, Mozilla Firefox 3.6+, Google Chrome, Opera 12+, Safari 6+, many other
web browsers, and on the vast majority of mobile platforms and devices. Below is
a short list of HTML OLAP Chart functionality.
- Several types of chart that can be
changed in design time with the methods of TMeasure class: DefineChartMeasureType(SeriesType
type) and DefineChartMeasureType(SeriesType type, bool showPointOnLines). showPointOnLines
parameter defines whether to display point marks on the series' lines. Also the
type can be changed in run-time with a mouse click;
- Getting extended info about
an element of the series;
- Selecting elements of the series with the left mouse button
click. Multiple selecting with Ctrl key or with the mouse frame;
- Context menu allows
to filter the selected elements and get details on them;
- Hierarchy drilling allows
to view info on different detail levels;
- Hierarchy pivoting in the areas of columns,
rows, details, and also modification using the color, size and shape modifiers;
Measure pivoting in the areas of values, columns, and also modification using the
color and size modifiers;
- Interactive legend on a hierarchy modification. When clicking
the legend element with the mouse the corresponding series elements change their
state. The context menu allows to filter the series data at that;
- Measure modification legend;
- Data area zooming;
- Saving, restoring, and resetting the layout state;
- MDX queries;
- Calculated measures;
- Pivot and cube structure panels hiding.
to the new HTML OLAP Chart control some improvements were made to RadarCube ASP.NET:
Some bugs when working in IE 10;
- Integration to Visual Studio 12 Toolbox;
minor bugs and improvements.
(August 5, 2012):
- Some improvements in the core of RadarCube.
(May 21, 2012):
This is a transition version between the current version and the new version 3.0
that is currently in development. This version contains less number of DLLs: the
assemblies RadarSoft.RadarCube.Web.Grid and RadarSoft.RadarCube.Web.Chart are now
joined to RadarSoft.RadarCube.Web. So be careful on
installing this new version:
- Remove "Register Assembly" directives with the references to
RadarSoft.RadarCube.Web.Grid.dll and RadarSoft.RadarCube.Web.Chart.dll from the pages containing RadarCube;
- Remove all references to these assemblies from all your web-projects.
- MSAS: When drilling the areas with many multilevel hierarchies the error "Index
out of bounds" may sometimes come up.
(March 28, 2012):
- HTML OLAP Grid: Smartphones and tablets support. RadarCube OLAP Grid now works with almost all mobile devices that support multitouch mode;
- SQL Analysis Services 2012 support. If you are going to connect to MSAS 2012 or
use ADOMD.NET 11, then you need to use RadarSoft.RadarCube.Web.MSAS11.dll assembly;
- HTML OLAP Grid: The context menu now shown not only over grid cells but also over
other elements like Cube Structure Tree, Pivot panels of hierarchies and measures.
On touch-devices the context menu contains all necessary pivoting and filtering
(January 24, 2012):
- RadarCube code is significantly improved. Drilling and OLAP processing has been
rewritten completely. As a result the grid hierarchies with lots of open members
work much faster and take less memory.
- FileNotFound exception in Save or SaveCompressed methods;
(December 1, 2011):
- Ria & Silverlight: New "Full screen mode" button on the toolbox. Pushing the
button extends the SL-application or OLAP-control to the full screen;
- ClientCallbackMode property of OLAP Grid control has changed. Now JavaSctipt described
by the property can be changed dynamically. This script is called on after the callback
operation is over.
- HTML OLAP Grid: "Wait for server response..." overlay is also shown on pivoting
operations. This makes OLAP Grid more stable.
- Some minor bugs are fixed.
(October 25, 2011):
- MSAS: Sometimes when running a project from within Visual Studio the error "Ensure
that the server is running" might come
up on connecting to a local cube;
- MSAS: Drillthrough actions might be ignored for Total and Sub-total cells when filter applied;
- The filtering in hierarchy editor is performed as "is equal to" instead of "contains"
- Deleting hierarchies from the page area did not always lead to cancelling the applied filters and refreshing the contents of the Grid.
- Ria and Silverlight: unselecting the visibility option for all members in the hierarchies editor (the checkbox in the root node) did not work on long hierarchies with the paging option selected.
- Recompiling Silverlight OLAP demo application caused the "error in XML document" error when running.
(September 13, 2011):
- HTML OLAP Grid: a progress bar now shows the process when the server is performing
a long operation;
- HTML OLAP Grid: now the grid's areas open for dragging dimensions/measures to them
are highlighted just like in RIA OLAP Grid.
- In RIA and Silverlight controls the 2nd level menu might be unstable, even wrapping
- When clicking the icon shutting a multilevel hierarchy level the whole hierarchy
(August 26, 2011):
- In HTML OLAP Grid the menu of the second level might not be working;
- In some modes OLAP Grid does not display the attributes of dimension members or
does it with mistakes;
- HTML OLAP Grid does not show the results of the MDX queries to the server;
- RIA controls: In the hierarchy filters editor filtering by a substring can be performed
(August 17, 2011):
- HTML OLAP Grid: Native "Drillthrough results" window. Now you do not need to write
a single line of code to display the results of "Drillthrough" operation in your browser;
- Silverlight add-on: New methods to locate the cells in OLAPControl: by row/column,
- The error when applying the filter to the hierarchies which are not in any view
- When restoring the state from XML, the filter is not applied;
- The error when applying the filter to the date and name if the hierarchy is not
in any view area;
- Some installer problems which may cause several test samples not to be working correctly.
(July 22, 2011):
- RIA OLAP controls might not display if they sit on the web sites with Master Pages
or if a part of User Controls;
- DIRECT: In Visual Studio 2008 the Cube Editor does not show up if there are no measures
defined in the cube structure.
(July 12, 2011):
- RadarCube DLL files are now compiled in two variants: for .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0.
You can select the installed DLLs on installation;
- RIA controls no longer depend on System.Web.Silverlight.dll. Instead Silverlight.js
file (the last version) is used to boost stability on showing the RIA controls in
the modern browsers;
- Documentation improved. RadarCube docs
now integrated into VS 2010.
- Sorting may not work on clicking the column header in the grid;
- The size of the cells with an image can be wrong on scrolling;
- Painting and selecting of the cells is improved;
- When changing the skin of a RIA control in run-time the size of the cells may get
- On executing the Formula Editor and Hierarchy Editor the parent-child hierarchies
tree may be filled wrong.
(June 7, 2011):
- The Quick Filter may not work properly;
- When displaying the percentage and ranks of the measures there can be errors;
- RIA: Selecting the color schema of the measures does not lead to the desired result;
- The toolbox button "show available panels" does not show the panels that had been
closed by user before.
(May 16, 2011):
- Possible errors on drilling in RIA Olap Grid;
- HTML OLAP Grid: In Google Chrome on pivot operations the width of panels and menu may become too big;
- HTML OLAP Grid: The pop-up menu may not show up on right-clicking the data area;
- HTML OLAP Grid: The JScript function defined by the TOLAPGrid.ClientCallbackFunction
may not be really called on.
(April 27, 2011):
- HTML OLAP Grid does not react to the user's activity if it sits in some ASP.NET
container like UpdatePanel or ContentControl. This prevents the grid from working
in many web environments;
- Smart tags in RIA OLAP Grid may not work because of the type conversion error;
- The height and the widths of the RIA OLAP controls (if defined programmatically)
can only be set from within Page_Init event handler, no later.
(April 20, 2011):
- We've significantly improved the compatibility of HTML OLAP Grid with different browsers: now HTML OLAP Grid correctly supports IE
7+, Firefox 3.0+, Chrome 6.0+, Opera 9.2+, Safari 2.0+.
- HTML OLAP Grid is redesigned. We've changed the way of tuning HTML OLAP Grid appearance.
WARNING! As a result, you'll have to change the ASP.NET markup on the pages that contain HTML OLAP Grid. For details see the informational blocks below.
- We've changed the signature of the TOLAPGrid.OnShowContextMenu event handler: instead of the
Menu class you should use the ContextMenu, instead of the
MenuItem class use the ContextMenuItem.
- RiaOLAPGrid: we've added icons for displaying the key indicators of effectiveness.
- SL add-on: now the TOLAPGrid.OnDrawCell event receives the expanded data about the formated cell
- this allows using the OnDrawCell event most effectively.
- HTML OLAP Grid: the problem with displaying the context menu and the menu in the hierarchy
filter editor in ASP.NET 4.
- HTML OLAP Grid: drag-and-dropping hierarchies in all browsers, except IE, could lead to errors.
- HTML OLAP Grid: the status of checkboxes in the Cube Structure Tree sometimes wouldn't be the same as the real position of hierarchies and measures in the active areas of the cube.
- SL add-on: activating a few cubes at once used to lead to unpredictable results.
- RiaOLAPGrid & SL add-on: Cube Structure Tree in the formula editor could be filled incorrectly.
As a result of changing the way of tuning the apeearance in HTML OLAP
Grid, most of the style properties of the HTML OLAP Grid class have been deleted, as well as a number of outdated properties, like Cellpadding and Cellspacing. Thus, upon installing a new version you'll have to make changes in ASP.NET markup of HTML OLAP Grid: delete all the style properties, as well as the properties in the ASP.NET markup that the compiler will identify as non-existent.
Then you'll be able to tune the HTML OLAP Grid appearance by changing the
TOLAPGrid.Skin property and, if need be, by manually correcting the css-file with description of styles. The way to do it is described below.
Starting from the 2.60 version we've radically changed our approach to defining the appearance of the HTML OLAP Grid.
Until then the appearance used to be defined by a group of properties-styles that could only be changed through the Properties window. This was inconvenient first of all due to the fact that these properties-styles did not provide sufficient flexibility and did not allow using the up-to-date CSS3 or other browser specific properties.
Starting with the 2.60 version the situation has improved greatly. We've added a Skin property to our HTML OLAP Grid. It defines the basic appearance of the Grid, that can later be tuned by directly changing the contents of the CSS-file, that defines the skin itself.
The color schemes of the basic skins in HTML OLAP Grid are the same as the ones from the jQuery UI set - the most popular set of jQuery plugins.
RadarCube CSS-files are available in the <RadarCube installation path>\CSS catalog and have names like
After you've made all the necessary changes, the css-file should be placed to the
Temp\rs_img_1\<version_name>\jQuery\css\ directory of your web-site.
Anyway, when you first start RadarCube it will extract all these css files to that directory, so all you need to do is to replace the CSS-file with the one you've changed.
(March 25, 2011):
- The look and feel of the dialog boxes and context menus in RadarCube HTML Grid is
- The formula editor in RIA OLAP Grid & Chart is improved;
- New checking if the writing to the Temp folder is available for the user. The writing
access to that folder is needed for RadarCube to function correctly.
- IE9 shows up duplicate context menus in the HTML OLAP Grid.
(February 24, 2011):
- Formula-based calculated members and measures for end-users! Now the end users can
create calculated members and measures through a comfy interface. See details in
the article Calculated measures and members in RadarCube;
- Built-in error handler. Now all the errors that might occur when working with RadarCube
will not raise unavoidable exceptions in your applications. At that RadarCube can
"cancel" the action that led to the error - that keeps RadarCube and your application
up and running;
- New events TOLAPGrid.Error and TOLAPChart.Error allow to set up your own exception
- HTML OLAP Grid now uses jQuery. This will allow to improve the performance, look
and feel, and also add new capabilities.
(February 8, 2011):
- A try to show member attributes in the report lead to an error in tree-like hierarchy
- Sometimes applying filters to hierarchies with paging option can cause hierarchy
member to disappear.
- MSAS: The structure of folders and sub-folders defined through the Display Folder measure property, may not be displayed correctly.
(January 21, 2011):
- If the grid shows several measures it is impossible to place measures in the row
area in the TreeLike mode;
- DIRECT: The hierarchy editor does not show the members of a parent-child hierarchy;
- MSAS: The option "drill down to the children" does not work in parent-child hierarchies.
(December 24, 2010):
- New button (X) in the cells with level headers and also in pivot panels. It allows
to close or remove from the active
area the corresponding cube element.
- In the export files the level cells are not indented in the tree-like mode;
- In the table-like view mode sometimes shows up the "index out of range" error;
- The Cellset save files may not be saved correctly and then may not be read back.
(December 20, 2010):
- Tree-like representation of hierarchy members in the row area. This is much more
comfy as it allows more space to show data in. The property TOLAPGrid.HierarchiesDisplayMode
allows to switch the mode back to normal;
- Entity Framework as a new way to represent the source data for the cube. Now RadarCube
supports three data representation schemas: DataSet, LINQ for SQL, and Entities;
- The width of the columns
changed by the end user is now saved in an XML file.
- Auto expanding mode for hierarchies does not work in HTML OLAP Grid;
- When turning Paging off in any hierarchy Paging of the next hierarchy in the same
area also turns off;
- RIA: Using Measure.DislpayFolder value for MSAS measures can lead to the incorrect
Cube Structure Tree.
(November 23, 2010):
- Excel-like pivoting. Now when a hierarchy is moved into the active area it is drilled
down automatically, and its members are shown up. New property TOLAPGrid.PivotingBehavior
can turn this on or off;
- RIA OLAP controls: New checkboxes in Cube Structure Tree allow to simplify pivoting.
- In the hierarchy editor when the paging is on, non-paged items' visibility is not
changed even if change the root note;
- When trying to set up the export page size or change any of OLAPGrid properties,
the compilation error may occur;
- The modes of hierarchies are now calculated just like in SSMS;
- OLAP Chart: when moving a hierarchy from one active area to another, the filter
information is lost;
- Sometimes (depending on the installed software configuration) there might be problems
because of the obfuscation of the RadarCube assemblies.
(October 19, 2010):
- Google Chrome support;
- HTML OLAP Grid: The context menu in Firefox now shows up on clicking the right mouse
button the way it does in Internet Explorer;
- OLAP Chart: The type of the diagram is now saved along with Layout.
- The "Clear Layout" button on the toolbox may not reset the information about applied filters;
- Direct: "Null reference" exception may come up when closing the cube.
(September 16, 2010):
- Multiple member filtering in the hierarchy editor. The hierarchy editor now has
multiline text field to enter filer conditions to and all the conditions placed
in different lines are combined using OR logical operation.
- When a measure does not have the "Value", the drilling operation and also restoring
from the stream might not work correctly;
- MSAS 2000: When a complicated filter is applied to a hierarchy the drilling might
not work correctly.
(August 16, 2010):
- New "Clear cellset" button in the OLAP toolbox;
- New method OLAPGrid.Cellset.ExpandAllHierarchies allows opening all and every hierarchies/levels
of the current Cellset.
- The "unregistered version" error has been fixed.
- When restoring the grid state saved by OLAP Chart, OLAP Grid mistakenly sets THierarchy.ShowEmptyCells
properties to true;
- After restoring the grid state, RIA OLAP Grid cannot remove the measures placed
in the data area.
(July 14, 2010):
- Silverlight add-on: If "object" tag containing the SL control does not have the
id attribute, then the SL add-on gives out "object required" error on any action
on OLAP control;
- MSAS: The format and color of the cells defined in the MSAS cube structure is not
applied to RIA and Silverlight OLAP controls;
- MSAS: The structure of folders and sub-folders defined through the Display Folder
measure property, may not be displayed correctly by RIA and Silverlight OLAP controls.
(July 2, 2010):
- RIA and Silverlight OLAP Grids: When exporting to XLS, CSV, PDF, HTML the exported
data also includes the HTML code of the page the control is placed on;
- Export to XLS may not work;
- DIRECT: Sometimes refreshing the page with an OLAP control on it can lead to the
"Duplicate index" error;
- The OLAP Chart cannot restore the Measures that were saved by the OLAP Grid.
(June 23, 2010):
- Ria and SL OLAP Grid: the EnableMeasureColorModifiers property that manages the visibility of the comboboxes that define the measure's color scheme.
- While restoring a drilled multidimensional hierarchy from a saved state file, only three hierarchy levels used to be restored.
- MSAS: Drillthrough action used to be performed incorrectly, in case there was a hierarchy with a single visible member in the filters' area.
(June 18, 2010):
- Direct: all the known DataSources are supported (EntityDataSource, LinqDataSource, ObjectDataSource etc). The Linq for SQL data schema are now supported as well as the DataSet data schema.
- SL: The DataVisualization.Toolkit dll has been renamed as well as the corresponding namespace to avoid conflicts with the standard SL toolkit's assembly.
- RadarCube controls wouldn't work in the WebParts environment. Because of that it was impossible to use the RadarCube with the SharePoint and DNN.
- Trying to close a Cube and then open it again with another data source could lead to an unpredictable result, especially in the Direct-version.
- Setting the THierarchy.ShowEmptyLines property to True could fail to lead to the disired effect.
(June 4, 2010):
- RIA OLAP Grid and Silverlight add-on: New
measure color modifier similar to the RIA Chart versions. End users can choose the desired color schema with the new combobox on measure pivot panels;
- Silverlight add-on: New VisualStyle property managing the visual style of the control similar to the RIA versions;
- Silverlight add-on: The toolbox is back again.
- MSAS RIA and SL add-on: The Create Calculated Measures/members dialogs don't work;
- Some localization issues.
(May 17, 2010):
- Silverlight add-on for RadarCube ASP.NET: New OnDrawCell event.
- MSAS: Add calculated member/measure function does not work in Silverlight and RIA;
Direct: The NullReferenceException error when opening a page with an inactive cube;
- RIA: The NullReferenceException error on adding cell comments and on creating/renaming
- Silverlight add-on for RadarCube ASP.NET: "viewItem is null" error when trying
to place the Silverlight control without adding References.
(May 4, 2010):
- The RiaOLAPGrid ? RiaOLAPChart upgraded to the Silverlight 4 platform;
- New Silverlight add-on, that allows to place an OLAP control in any browser-hosted
Silverlight application! Please see
this article for details;
- IME support for the RIA controls! Now it is possible to create groups and calculated
members in asian languages;
- New Stacked Bars, Stacked Lines and Stacked Areas diagram types can be used in the
- Various issues when starting new project, like missing assemblies etc.
- Some errors when the cube connected to the grid is absent or inactive;
- MSAS connection
dialog doesn't refresh the Cube Structure Tree after reconnection;
- The Cube Structure Tree may not be refreshed after changing the active cube;
- RIA OLAP Chart: Pie diagrams can work wrong on pivoting the hierarchies in the column
Recompiling the source codes of RadarCube is now only possible from under Visual Studio
2010! The Client/Developer/Server requirements have changed like follows:
- IE6+ or Firefox 2+ for HTML OLAP Grid;
- Silverlight 4 runtime for RIA and Silverlight controls.
- Visual Studio 2005, 2008 SP1, 2010 (recommended), Visual Web Developer;
- NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or higher (NET 4 recommended);
- Silverlight 4.0 runtime (Silverlight 4.0 Developer Tools recommended);
- For RadarCube for MSAS: ADOMD.NET, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services OLE DB
- To recompile RadarCube source codes (shipped with the commercial versions with source
codes) Visual Studio 2010 and Silverlight 4.0 Developer
Tools need to be installed.
Web server requirements
- IIS 6+;
- NET Framework 3.5 SP1;
- For RadarCube for MSAS: ADOMD.NET, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services OLE DB
(April 15, 2010):
- NET Framework 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010 support. Now the controls can be integrated
into VS2010 environment. The source code of the controls is tested for NET Framework
- RadarCube core optimization. Now virtually all cube operations are performed faster.
The acceleration can be up to several ten times depending on the Cellset.
- The dialog boxes in RIA controls do not use the font set up for the main window.
This can lead to problems with displaying Asian fonts;
- The phrase "Total" caption
is always displayed in the default language of the web-server, and you can never
change the displaying language.
(April 2, 2010):
- Direct: New Master for Cube Creation. See this article for details;
- Direct: Ability to convert DateTime fields into their string representation without
creating a multilevel hierarchy.
- After deleting a group member from the grid the rest of the cells displaying measures are lost until some next action;
- When the working cube is changed the old calculated
hierarchies are still there;
- MSAS: On MS Analysis 2000 the drilling of Parent-Child hierarchies is not working.
(March 25, 2010):
- MSAS Ria: The 'Cannot find file Misc/MDXFunctions.xml...' error message when calling the Create Calculated Measures dialog.
(March 24, 2010):
- New properties TCubeMeasure.VisibleInTree and TMeasure.VisibleInTree define the
visibility of the measure in Cube Structure Tree;
- MSAS: The editor of calculated fields and measures is improved. Now there is the
list of the cube objects and the list of the functions available.
- MSAS: The changes made to the calculated members/measures might not be reflected
in the grid at once;
- DIRECT: The changes made in the Cube Editor might not be saved
in the aspx-file;
- DIRECT: The attribute editor in the Cube Editor might not be working correctly
on changing the list of the basic attribute
- The AllowEditing property may not be working, so the grid may not display the writeback
context menu item;
- RIA: Sometimes the grid cannot change the width after a drilling operation.
(February 17, 2010):
- New ability to add user comments to the cube's cells. Just select the corresponding
context menu item for the cube cell;
- Server side reaction added to handle some OLAP toolbox buttons.
- RIA: The Hierarchy filter editor improved. It could work bad especially with "long"
- The ASP.NET "pending callbacks" error
on many callbacks is now bypassed
with a patch;
- Some localization issues.
(January 22, 2010):
- The descriptions of the cube objects (TCubeMeasure, TCubeDimension, TCubeHierarchy,
etc) now are shown up in the RIA controls as tooltips for Grid cells and for Cube
Structure Tree nodes.
Direct: On a time dimension initialization the data converting error might come
- Direct: Drillthrough operation sometimes ends up with the null reference exception.
(December 21, 2009):
- Direct: It's possible now to apply filters on date of time-hierarchies in the context
filter. It is available in the hierarchy editor as well as through the context menu
of hierarchy members;
- Direct: The results of the Drillthrough operation in the Ria OLAP Grid may now be seen via the context
menu without any additional code;
- RIA Controls: RIA OLAP Chart and OLAP Grid now allow dragging measures and hierarchies
directly into the data area - this significantly improves the comfort of working
with the controls;
- MSAS: Grids with open multilevel hierarchies are now faster to operate with.
Direct: The DistinctCount aggregation function sometimes gives out the wrong result;
MSAS: It's impossible to create group members in sublevels of a multilevel hierarchy.
(November 26, 2009):
Many restrictions have been removed from the evaluation-version. Now the only difference between that and the
commercial-version is the corresponding label.
- Ria: now upon expanding cells in the row area, a part of data area always remains visible.
- Ria: Resizing columns in Grid didn't always use to trigger their immediate repainting.
- MSAS: There used to be some issues in Grid operation upon assigning the TMDCube.SubcubeFilter event handler.
- In case, when a few calculated members are created, deleting one of them could lead to an error.
(November 20, 2009):
RIA: Now the user can change the Cube Structure Tree panel width;
- RIA: New button
on the toolbar that allows to hide/show all panels at a time except for the data Grid panel.
Sometimes the "All" button in the hierarchy paging in the Grid might not work;
properties THierarchy.AllowFilter and AllowHierarchyEditor are not working in RIA
(November 3, 2009):
Some speed optimization;
- RIA OLAP Grid: The final users now can change the columns
width on their own;
- RIA Controls: The data area scrolling is now possible with the mouse wheel.
Some problems when displaying the attributes for multilevel hierarchies;
- Some problems
when two or more open multilevel
hierarchies are displayed in the same area;
- RIA Controls: After performing some operations like pivoting and filtering the open
nodes in the Cube Structure Tree get closed again.
(October 6, 2009):
RIA: A control's height and width can now be set in percents.
Some bugs when several controls share a single olap cube;
- RIA: When pivoting the
hierarchies of the row area starting from the second one, some errors may occur;
- DIRECT: If the storage mode of session variables is InProc then they might get
"lost" when working with OLAP Cube.
(September 23, 2009):
RIA OLAP Chart now supports export to JPG;
- In RIA controls the captions and drilling
icons do not any longer slip out of sight;
- RIA OLAP Chart performance improved.
Direct: If the cube was created in run-time, the operations on Grid and Chart can lead
to a NullReferenceException;
- MSAS: Operations on Named Sets can lead to an error;
- RIA controls: When trying to create a new group through the context menu an error
can come out;
- RIA controls: The operation "Show All Members" can go wrong on multilevel
- The order of measures in OLAP Grid cannot be changed.
(September 15, 2009):
MSAS: New "Create calculated measure" button on the taskbar of the RIA OLAP controls.
OLAP Grid gets unstable if the
hierarchies swap in the row or column area;
- MSAS: The "Connect to MSAS server" button click leads to an error.
(August 24, 2009):
RIA controls toolbox customization. Now you can add your own buttons to the toolbox,
and also redefine the commands on the standard buttons;
- Perfomance optimization.
(August 12, 2009):
Silverlight 3 support. Now all RIA controls support Silverlight 3.
An error that significantly slows down the drilling operations;
- MSAS: On Parent-Child
hierarchies some drilling operations can lead to an error or to the wrong resulting
- In some situations (depending on the web-server settings) the version 2.30.0 controls
may be unstable on performing different operations.
(July 30, 2009):
Performance optimization. The more complex the cellset is the faster RadarCube works
comparing to the previous versions. For example, on operations like "Expand All"
RadarCube may work tens times faster;
- New event TOLAPGrid.AllowDrillAction allows
to control if the drilling operation is available for each of the grid cells;
- New assembly RadarSoft.RadarCube.Web.MSAS10.dll allows working with SQL Server
2008 without installing ADOMD.NET 9.0;
- Improved management by the Grid state saved on a hard drive in a temp folder;
- Now you can place pictures in RIAOLAPGrid's cells. Read
this article to know more.
- When drilling in the "show totals first" mode the cellset may be display incorrectly;
The visibility state of the attributes is not stored in the grid state file.
(June 9, 2009):
The Total cells in the grid might be positioned incorrectly;
- The hierarchy paging
option might be not working or end up with an error;
- When creating a new project with RadarCube ASP.NET Direct the following compilation
error migh show up: RadarSoft.RadarCube.Web.TCubeMeasures must have items
of type 'RadarSoft.RadarCube.Web.TCubeMeasure...' Read
this article about how to deal with that error.
(June 3, 2009):
- The saved states of the OLAP Grid and OLAP Chart are now better synchronized. The
information about the active measures is now restored too.
HTML OLAP Grid for MSAS: The Cube Structure Tree is not changed when adding/deleting
a calculated measure;
Some Total cells of the OLAP Grid can be made up incorrectly
when there is two or more open multilevel hierarchies in the column or row area;
- An error on exporting RIA OLAP Grid into some formats;
- RadarCube may not work in some DNN configurations.
(May 22, 2009):
- MSAS: Support of ROWSET actions added.
Some errors on deleting a calculated measures;
- The Drillthrough operation may lead
to an error when MemberIsNull is set;
- Direct: The Cube Editor can "forget" the relations between tables;
- RIAOLAPGrid might not work correctly in the mode of MDX queries.
(May 8, 2009):
- The attributes of hierarchy members can now be displayed in the grid. You can read
the article on the matter;
- RIA Grid: Filtering on the selected cell area.
RIA Chart: Several bugs in displaying and zooming the Pie diagrams;
- Some bugs on
exporting of the big grids and on splitting the big export file at pages;
- HTML OLAP Grid: Incorrect filtering on consequent applying of the members' filter
and then the context filter via the hierarchy filter editor.
(March 20, 2009):
- Export of RIA OLAP Chart and RIA OLAP Grid to XPS format;
- The Wizard of visual properties for RIA OLAP Chart and RIA OLAP Grid.
Direct: When the
controls are placed on a new form the assembly RadarSoft.RadarCube.Web
is not registered in aspx-file. This may lead to the errors on the page compilation
(Unknown server tag radarcube:...).
(March 6, 2009):
- RIA OLAP Grid: The selected grid area can now be copied to the clipboard.
- RIA OLAP Grid: New property RiaOLAP.Selection allows to get the size of the selected
area from the Callback event handlers.
- RIA OLAP Chart: The drilling buttons added to the pivot panels.
The context menu can be cut by the right and bottom edges of the control.
- MSAS 2005:
The context filter on the dates may not be applied correctly.
- RIA Controls: When the paging is on the hierarchy editor may not be working correctly
when using the "All members" switch.
- RIA OLAP Chart: The OnCalcMember event handler may not be fired.
- When installing to Visual Studio 2008 the installer may sometimes not install the
controls into the toolbox.
(February 20, 2009):
- RIA OLAP Grid: The Writeback function released.
The hierarchies that are fully filtered are not displayed in teh Filter area.
RIA controls: Changing the visibility of "All members" in a hierarchy editor can
lead to the error when applying the filer.
- RIA OLAP Grid: If the grid contains the paged hierarchies the context menu for the
cells can be displayed incorrectly.
- RIA OLAP Chart: If moving a hierarchy, which is already in the Modifiers area, out
to the tree, the corresponding filters are reset.
(February 10, 2009):
- RIA OLAP Chart: New method TOLAPChart.SetScale allows to correct the initial graph
- RIA OLAP Chart: New extension-methods for TMeasure class: DefineChartColor,
DefineChartMeasureType, and DefineChartTrendType allow you to define color, graph
type, and trend line type for measures displayed in chart.
- Demo applications for RIA OLAP Controls have been improved! New samples have been
added. You can try the online demo
MSAS: The drillthrough action processing corrected.
(January 28, 2009):
- RIA OLAP Chart: New types of graphs - Pie, Spline, and Step
- RIA OLAP Controls: visual properties tunning. Now the controls have 6 new skins
and about 100 new properties to allow you tunning the look and feel of the controls
- RIA OLAP Controls: better look and feel
- Documentation updated.
RIA OLAP Grid: The low levels of Parent-Child hierarchies might not be indented.
RIA OLAP Chart: The min acceptable scale of graphs may not be defined correctly.
(December 24, 2008):
- RIA OLAP Chart: Localization of the Trend managing menu.
RadarCube controls can work incorrectly when using in User Controls. In particular,
this may lead to different problems when using RadarCube in DotNetNuke system.
- Obfuscation error that prevents RadarCube from running under x64 systems.
- RIA controls: Some errors when working with custom menu items.
- RIA controls: The hierarchy members? names in Grid and Chart can be cut by vertical.
(December 18, 2008):
- RIA Controls: Two new events OnShowContextMenu and OnContextMenuClick allow to insert
new items in the context menu on the cells and handle their activation.
- RIA controls: New Tollbox which now holds the buttons of saving/restoring and also
exporting commands. HTML Toolbox can now work only with HTML OLAP Grid
- RIA Controls: The look and feel enhanced.
- RIA OLAP Chart: Trends! Now the
charts can display trends. Just click the right mouse button on the measure panel
and choose the context menu item.
- RIA OLAP Chart: Linear graphs can now be displayed as splines.
DIRECT Edition: The Cube Editor doesn't allow to create a calculated measure in
(December 3, 2008):
- Now the end-users can zoom the OLAP Chart areas in and out.
- Better look and feel of both OLAP Chart and OLAP Grid.
- New events RiaOLAPGrid.DrawCell and RiaOLAPGrid.DrawCell allow to manage the content and look and feel of any grid cell. Please find the article on the matter here.
- Documentation has been updated.
- Localization may not work correctly.
- MSAS: When saving the grid state in a stream/file, the calculated members and measures (those defined by MDX-formulas) are not saved correctly.
- The labels on the chart axis may not be sorted correctly.
- When saving the grid state in a stream/file, some OLAP Chart areas are not saved correctly.
(November 20, 2008):
- New versions of ASP.NET OLAP controls also named RIA OLAP controls. The two new controls RiaOLAPGrid and RiaOLAPChart is our step to meet the RIA standard in developing web applications. RiaOLAPGrid is a new version of its twin OLAPGrid control, and RiaOLAPChart is an absolutely new control. The RIA controls give a user an overwhelming level of interactivity within web-pages: context-depending menus, dragging, smoothing, transparency, animated elements, selection ranges (both table cells and graph elements) and much more. Rich Internet Applications are much more responsive than traditional web applications that must always interact with a remote server.
- New charting control named RIA OLAP Chart. While RadarCube ASP.NET Grid allows working with numbers, RadarCube OLAP Chart allows representing your data graphically. This gives users a unique opportunity to analyze their business data visually, dealing with charts rather than numbers, which is much easier to perceive.
- The ASP.NET OLAP Grid is now shipped in two versions: HTML control (TOLAPGrid) and RIA control (RiaOLAPGrid) in case you can’t use the new RIA version (due to some special company security rules, for example).
Here please find what the new RadarCube RIA controls offer you comparing to other products available on the market.
You can try it yourself right now at http://olaponline.radar-soft.com.
(October 21, 2008):
- MSAS: Now the RadarSoft.RadarCube.MSAS.dll assembly references to ADOMD.NET 10 assembly. This allows the Cube to connect to MSAS 2008 without installing the ADOMD.NET version 9.
- In the TOLAPGrid.OnBeforePivot event handler, there appeared an option to assign a target-area for an hierarchy being pivoted (by assigning a value to the e.To property). This allows specifying an area, where an hierarchy is pivoted to, by clicking an hierarchy's chackbox in the Cube Structure Tree.
(October 7, 2008):
- DIRECT: The TOLAPGrid.Load method doesn't restore the cube structure, and might lose the Grid configuration. As a result, users can experience different errors after Load.
- If the Grid doesn't have a single measure, the export to XLS ends up with an error.
- The TCubeStructureTree control is not locked on grid operations. That can lead to mistiming of the Tree and Grid.
(September 24, 2008):
- New property TEventExportCellArgs.ConvertType allows the TOLPExport.OnEventExportCell event handler to define what format the data is exported to.
- Documentation has been updated.
- In the Parent-Child hierarchies the second and further levels can be sorted incorrectly. Also some operations with the level members might lead to the "Inadmissible drill action" exception.
- The Open/Close cube operation can lead to the "Null Reference" error if some filters are applied to the grid.
- MSAS: Incorrect count of the total members amount when using TMDCube.SubcubeFilter might lead to errors in the filter editor.
(August 27, 2008):
- Sometimes NullReference exception when exporting to XLS if the hierarchy paging is enabled.
- Direct: Saved XML layouts don't restore if the cube structure is created at runtime.
(July 23, 2008):
- In the verison 1.40.0, the drilling down doesn't work.
- Many small improvements and bugfixes in the TOLAPExport control.
(July 22, 2008):
- MSAS: Support of MDX expressions! Now you can create calculated measures and members with MDX expressions. This ability is also available for end users! See for the details.
(July 10, 2008):
- In the verison 1.30.0, restoring the Grid's state from a saved file or stream doesn't work.
(July 8, 2008):
- OLAP Toolbox: The option of overriding the standard on-click behavior. The option of adding your own buttons to the Toolbox with processing their on-click actions both in the client and on the server. See for the details.
- The new TOLAPGrid.Serializer.XMLString property that gets/sets the Grid state in a string for more convenient saving/restoring of the Grid to and from the database.
- An improved processing of exceptions.
- Unstable working of the Grid when any non-default sorting method is used.
- Error while exporting to PDF on the computers running on Vista.
- Direct: in some cases, when calculated fields or hierarchies were used, the Cube wouldn't open.
(June 26, 2008):
- In some cases the filtered cellset was incorrect, as well as saving filter's state if a complex filter was applied to a multilevel hierarchy.
- Sorting by value was not saved during saving of the Grid's state.
- MSAS: Restoring a Grid state from the stream caused NullReferenceException, if the restored Cube had a Parent-child hierarchy in its active area.
- MSAS 2000: incorrect calculation of Totals for a multilevel hierarchy with the UnfetchedMembersVisible mode off.
(June 19, 2008):
- Pivoting elements of the Cube Structure Tree is now performed not by drag&dropping, but by checking the appropriate checkboxes of the elements (just like in Excel 2007). This is a "default" behavior. You can re-establish the old pivoting mechanism by setting the TOLAPGrid.UseCheckboxesInTree property to False.
- The obsolete properties: TOLAPGrid.ChartID, TOLAPGrid.ShowChart and TOLAPGrid.TreeShowLines - have been deleted.
(June 10, 2008):
- A well updated documentation.
- MSAS 2005: The content of the Date-dimentions can be filtered now not only by dates, but by captions as well.
- Incorrect Grid rendering if the new TPivotPanel or TCubeStructureTree controls are used.
- The installation bug, because of which controls did not register in the toolbox, have been fixed.
- The samples have been improved, some bugs have been fixed.
(May 23, 2008):
- Two new auxiliary controls TCubeStructureTree and TPivotPanel allow more flexible tuning of the pivot-panels layout. Seefor the details.
- Direct: Context filtering by the names of hierarchy membes.
(April 15, 2008):
- The StackOverflowException when saving the current Cellset into an XML file.
- The Filter manager control may not be redrawn when the Grid is filtered by using the context menu.
- The Grid doesn't redraw when a filter is reset by using the filter manager or the context menu.
(April 8, 2008):
- Both the RadarCube for MS AS 1.27.0 & Direct 1.09.0 versions don't show any "total" members.
(April 7, 2008):
- New component TOLAPGridFilters gives an end user an ability to read and edit filters applied to measures and hierarchies.
- New properties TFilter.Description, TMeasureFilter.Description, and THierarchy.FilterDescription contain descriptions of the filters applied to the objects.
- The hierarchy filter editor now displays the existing hierarchy structure more sufficiently, showing the "+" icon only next to those members having the children.
- MSAS: When moving to the filter area an hierarchy with DefaultMember<>"All", the corresponding filter is applied.
- OLAP Grid is now more stable. The error, because of which the grid could ignore the user activity, is now fixed.
- MSAS 2000: MDX errors are possible on applying filters on hierarchies in the active area.
(March 27, 2008):
- TOLAPGrid.BeginUpdate and EndUpdate functionality has been changed. Now the pivoting operations embraced with these methods don't recalculate the cellset, that might significantly speed up the cube activating.
- JScript error when OLAP Grid is invisible on the page.
(March 11, 2008):
- Reading of the XML-file saved by previous versions might lead to the "Incorrect XML-file format" error.
- MSAS: When trying to use MSAS translation feature the names of measure groups are not translated.
- MSAS: An attempt of filtering of base attribute for a Parent-Child hierarchy can end up with a MDX-error.
(February 27, 2008):
- Compatibility of the grid state streams. Now the state files saved with RadarCube WinForms can be correctly read from RadarCube ASP.NET and vice versa.
- MSAS: A measure values are shown unformatted, if there is a filter applied to the measure.
(February 22, 2008):
- The Parent-Child hierarchies might work unstably and give wrong results, especially on complex cellsets.
- If Cellset has no measures, then the right-click on a cell throws a NullRefernceException.
(February 19, 2008):
- New properties TOLAPGrid.MaxRowsInGrid and MaxColumnsInGrid allow limiting the size of the resulting cellset. This can help "hanging" on the operations like "Expand all".
- The context menu may have the incorrect position since 1.26/1.08 version.
- Bad "hierarchy filter" icons in IE 6.
- MSAS: Unpredictable filtering outcome as a result of drilling performed after operation "Hide all members except this".
(February 13, 2008):
- MSAS: NullReferenceException after the Time Intelligence data is off.
- MSAS: Cellset is displayed incorrectly when it has several member columns or rows and the mode of displaying arbitrary MDX outcome is on.
(February 4, 2008):
- New style property TOLAPGrid.DraggedItemStyle describes the style of the dragged items.
- New event TOLAPGrid.OnAllowDisplayMember allows hiding some members from the cellset without using any filters.
- The Grid headers duplicate, and popup menu has wrong position if any of the parent Grid containers has absolute positioning.
- MSAS: Drill down to the next hierarchy action gives wrong results if the drilled hierarchy is parent-child.
- MSAS: The Grid works unstably if only one measure mode is displayed, but not "Value".
- MSAS: The applied filters sometimes have no effect on the Drillthrough action results.
(December 28, 2007):
- MSAS: Improved non-fatal MDX error handling.
- MSAS: MDX-error on a joint use attempt of a hierarchy and the Named Set built on it.
- MSAS: MDX-error on using translated KPI names, cube names, and Named Sets.
- MSAS: Possible problems when using unbalanced multilevel hierarchies.
- DIRECT: When the data schema contains cyclic relations between data tables, the designtime Cube Editor may go wrong and crash the Visual Studio.
- Some minor bugs.
(November 29, 2007):
- New property TOLAPGrid.ExpandDimensionsNode defines if the Dimensions nodes are open by default in the Cube Structure Tree.
- New property TOLAPGrid.HideDimensionNameIfPossible defines whether to show the hierarchies containing the only hierarchy in it.
- New method TRadarCube.ClearTempDirectory deletes the temporary disk folder used by the cube, and returns true if no temp folder is left after the method.
- The localization feature doesn't work.
- NullReferenceException on an attempt to call the context menu for the total cells in the data area.
- The component doesn't work in FireFox because of the Jscript error.
- If RadarCube grouping feature is used in a hierarchy then the hierarchy editor may work with it incorrectly.
- Sometimes the Grid "hangs up" displaying "Loading..." on showing the Hierarchy Editor.
- Sorting on value errors are possible if the column area contains a hierarchy with paging function on.
(November 15, 2007):
- New RadarCube context filtering abilities for measures and hierarchy members. Please see thefor details.
- New property TOLAPGrid.PopupMenuHoverStyle allows defining web style of the "mouse-hovered" menu items.
- The hierarchy editor look & feel has been improved.
- MSAS: New event TMDCube.SubcubeFilter allows to restrict the cube access for end users (MSAS 2005 only).
- MSAS: The speed of RadarCube is considerably increased when working with long hierarchies.
- Documentation updated.
- MSAS: Drilling down to the children in parent-child hierarchies isn't working.
- MSAS: Sorting on the values of KPI and Time Intelligence doesn't work.
- Direct: The default sorting of hierarchy members doesn't take the type of data into consideration.
(October 15, 2007):
- Now it is possible to define the default "Currency" format. See new property TOLAPGrid.CurrencyFormatString.
- MSAS: Now it is possible to use MSAS Translations. See new property TMDCube.PreferredLanguage.
- MSAS: Now RadarCube can take the cube cells formatting properties defined on the server. See properties: TMDCube.UseMSASColorFormatting and TMDCube.UseMSASFontFormatting.
- DIRECT: The Cube Editor has been improved.
- DIRECT: The fields of GUID type are now supported by the OLAP schema.
- DIRECT: Wrong automatic building of the cube structure.
- MSAS: The hierarchy editor works incorrectly if there are groups or calculated members in the hierarchy.
- Filters applied to hierarchies in the Page area are taken no account on MSAS "Drillthrough" action.
(September 14, 2007):
- The custom measure modes can now be sorted by values. But this improvement caused the changing the signature of TOLAPGrid.OnShowMeasure event handler.for the details.
- Two new measure display modes: the "Rank by row" and "Rank by column".
- DIRECT: Enhanced abilities of the Cube Editor when working with calculated fields. Now the type of a calculated field can be changed to DateTime.
- Documentation has been updated.
- The IMemberCell.Siblings... methods and properties might return wrong data. It might cause the wrong calculations of some measure modes.
- MSAS: Drilling down the Parent-Child hierarchies might lead to "Out of bounds" error.
- MSAS: Restoring the grid state files with saved non-empty groups leads to the error in MSAS 2000.
- DIRECT: Scrolling of Cube editor tables has been fixed.
(August 27, 2007):
- The hierarchy filter window is moveable now.
- The new TOLAPGrid.DefaultLanguageCode property which defines a default Grid interface language.
- Drill to children of parent-child hierarchy might lead to building a wrong Cellset and unjustified deceleration of Grid performance.
- MSAS: Design-time error when the TMDCube.Active property sets to False through the Visual Studio Properties Window.
- MSAS: Null reference error when working with groups in Parent-Child hierarchies.
(August 20, 2007):
- DIRECT: The Cube Editor now tries to create the cube structure automatically if it is empty.
- In IE6 browsers the row & column fixed headers are not really fixed.
- In IE6 browsers the Data Grid scrollbars may disappear if the Grid is placed inside the AJAX UpdatePanel.
(August 16, 2007):
- OLAP Grid suppresses most of exceptions if they appear when the Cube opens, so it is impossible to understand why the Cube doesn't work.
- MSAS: Null reference exception when working with KPI.
(August 13, 2007):
- The hierarchy filter has been improved: the "exact matching" searching ability has been added.
- The Grid rendering has been improved.
- DIRECT: New property TOLAPCube.DataSourceID can be now used in design time. Now the OLAP cube can use standard ASP.NET data providers implementing the IDataSource interface as a data source.
- The documentation has been updated.
- The filter state of levels of multilevel hierarchies might be restored from a file incorrectly.
- MSAS: The error might appear when drilling several multilevel hierarchies in the same Grid area.
- MSAS: The KPI values formatting might be wrong.
(July 30, 2007):
- The TOLAPGrid.OnBeforePivot and OnAfterPivot events which allow to control the end user pivoting activity.
- DIRECT: Drillthrough functionality. See Demo application for an example of the Drillthrough method.
- MSAS: Strong possibility of "Index was out of range" error when drilling unnatural hierarchy members.
- MSAS: Incorrect drilling behavior of parent-child hierarchy leaves.
- MSAS Demo application: Grid state doesn't refresh on switching between the sample pages. It is most likely the reason why some examples sometimes give out an error.
(July 16, 2007):
- New events: TOLAPGrid.OnCallback and TOLAPGrid.OnRenderPivotPanel.
- Sometimes IE gives the error "Input string was not in a correct format" as a result of dragging.
- The hierarchy filters may not be restored correctly when loading the grid from a file.
- A click on "Hide measure" menu item leads incorrect Grid rendering.
- Slight rendering bugs in FireFox.
- DIRECT: When a table which is not used in the cube is located in the source data schema, it must be filled with data, otherwise the exception occurs.
(July 5, 2007):
- Sometimes Null reference exception shows up on restoring the grid state.
- MSAS: Incorrect filtering of parent members in MSAS 2005 when applying a complicated filter upon several levels of a multilevel hierarchy.
- MSAS: Drillthrough operation doesn't take the current filter into consideration.
(June 29, 2007):
- DIRECT: New events TOLAPCube.BeforeReadFactTable, OnReadFactTable, AfterReadFactTable allow to set your own progress bar or reaction on the fact table reading process. See documentation for details.
- When the "Refresh" button is clicked in the browser, the Cellset state is reset.
- Firefox may render the grid incorrectly.
- Wrong alert messages in DesignTime like "Grid not defined".
- Incorrect rendering on changing the grid size dynamically.
- Duplicating the Grid headers when using relative-positioning.
- Incorrect rendering on using zIndex style.
- The error on appearing a context menu of group members.
- Changing TMeasure.DefaultFormat in RunTime doesn't do anything.
- Incorrect rendering of images in DesignTime.
- MSAS: The error on turning off all hierarchy members except for one or more empty groups.
(June 18, 2007):
- Documentation updated.
- Components TOLAPCube and TMDCube are created with the design time error when they are a part of ASCX control.
- MSAS: Errors on using together several Parent-Child hierarchies of a particular format.
- MSAS: TMDCube.Active property can't be changed in design time Property Editor.
(June 11, 2007):
- Grid rendering improved.
- New Toolbox buttons: Save/Restore and Execute MDX (MSAS only)
- Compatibility with AJAX Extensions library improved.
- DIRECT: The run time cube creation has been improved.
- Unstable grid work after restoring from the state file.
- MSAS: Setting ShowEmptyLines property doesn't bring to the desired outcome when the hierarchies are initialized.
- MSAS: An error when displaying the results of an arbitrary MDX query.
- DIRECT: On using the dataset type (not an instance) as a data source, the calculated and BI-hierarchies defined in run time might not work.
- DIRECT: When defining the cube in run time the DbCommand and DataReader properties are never used on reading the table.
- DIRECT: Now exception is thrown when a table or IDataReader doesn't contain a single row instead of giving the empty cube.
- DIRECT: When restoring the cube from the file, it creates another temporary directory that doesn't get deleted correctly.
(May 30, 2007):
- Too quick mouse clicks of the users in the grid may end up with various exceptions.
- Sometimes an exception may occur on reopening the cube.
- Small rendering bugs.
- DIRECT: TOLAPCube.Active property is always "true" in design time, and cannot be ever changed.
(May 28, 2007):
- Full compatibility with AJAX Extension library.
- Enhanced Grid rendering.
- Documentation updated.
- The annoying exception "The page session data has been lost due to web application restart..."
- MSAS: The Parent-Child hierarchies with the small amount of members may be working wrong.
- MSAS: When adding NamedSets in the active area the Total-cells of the grid don't get recalculated.
- DIRECT: The undeleted directory may sometimes be left in the temporary cube directory.
(May 15, 2007):
- The property TOLAPGrid.UseFixedHeaders allows to turn off the headers' fixing in the Grid and avoid some possible problem, which have to do with their duplication.
- New methods TOLAPGrid.Cellset.ExpandAllNodes and CollapseAllNodes allow to expand/collapse all Cellset nodes on the given level.
- DIRECT: The storage of session data mechanism has been changed. Now RadarCube can work on the web-sites with Trust Level = medium and works faster by and large.
- When the Height property isn't assigned the Grid might be rendered incorrectly.
- When paging mode is on, the Cancel button in the dialog window for setting the page numbers ends up with the error.
- The open nodes don't get collapsed anymore when adding a new measure.
- The changing of the grid size programmatically might result in incorrect rendering.
(April 24, 2007):
- Because of publishing of RadarCube ASP.NET Direct, the version has been split into two assemblies: RadarSoft.RadarCube.Web.dll and RadarSoft.RadarCube.Web.MSAS.dll. So all the projects using the TMDCube component must be changed as described
- New property TOLAPExport.IgnoreGridPaging allows to tell the export procedure whether to consider Paging option when exporting the grid or not.
- The documentation updated.
- OLAP Grid constantly "hangs over" when the "InProcess" mode is used for storing the session data.
- "Key already exists" exception when trying to open the second hierarchy editor.
- When the Width property is not set, the Grid may render incorrectly.
- Errors possible when the grid with activated Paging option is exported.
(April 20, 2007):
- DivideByZero exception occurs when the grid with paging mode turned on is exported.
- There might be wrong results sometimes on filtering long hierarchies in MSAS 2005
- There might be an error on exporting the grid into a DataTable in "Except Totals" mode.
- Some properties of TOLAPExport are saved in the ASPX-file incorrectly.
- When the Row area is empty the export to CSV and TXT formats gives the error.
(April 18, 2007):
- TOLAPExport component allows to export Grid entirely or partially into various of formats: BMP, CSV, GIF, HTML, JPEG, PDF, PNG, TIFF, TXT, XLS, XML. The export can be flexibly tuned.
- TOLAPToolbox component contains the functions frequently used when working with OLAP Grid.
- MSAS 2005 Drillthrough actions support.
- New type TCellsetTableMode.ctmWholeCellsetExceptTotals allows to export the whole Cellset except for Total-cells into a table.
- New property TOLAPGrid.FilterAreaVisible allows to hide the Pivot Filter when needed.
- Wrong filtering when the "All members" check-box is off in the hierarchy editor when working with MSAS 2005.
- When trying to display the context menu with an extra item added by hands, the NullReferenceException exception occurs.
- When reading from the state file, the groups, calculated members, and filtered members are read incorrectly.
- When resizing the browser window the Grid rendering errors are possible.
- When "Value" measure mode is unvisible the grid works incorrectly.
- When several measures are shown at the same time, the empty rows/columns in the grid can never be hidden.
- Drillthrough operation error when the source data contains empty cells.
(February 19, 2007):
- New Time Intelligence feature has been added. Now if there is a time dimension in the current Cellset, then you can choose the time intelligence function from the context menu (for example, to compare measure values shifted by a time period, or to cumulate the values for as time period).
- Support of Named Sets.
- The demo web-application shows the ability of entering the Windows domain using the ASP.NET Forms technique.
- The filtering of multilevel and Parent-Child hierarchies may sometimes be working wrong.
- Not supported error" exception when displaying the result of an arbitrary MDX-query in MSAS 2000.
- Incorrect "Cancel" button handling on creating, editing groups and also on grid cells editing.
(January 24, 2007):
- RadarCube localization feature.
- The OLAP Grid rendering algorithm has been improved.
- The type conversion exception can appear in the evaluation version if the top left area of the Grid contains "empty" cells.
- The null reference exception if both measures and hierarchies are located in the row area.
- An exception appears on clicking right mouse on an "empty" cell in the hierarchy members area.
(December 20, 2006):
- New method TMDCube.ShowMDXQuery allows displaying the results of any MDX-query in the grid. Now RadarCube can be used not only for browsing OLAP cubes, but also as a helper tool for displaying the MDX-queries result in the web browser.
- New property TOLAPGrid.ClientCallbackFunction allows the programmer to write any JScript code which later on will be run on callback-rendering.
- Formatted values of the cube cells are now fetched from the server rather than calculated on the client.
- The tuning of the grid is improved in the case when all hierarchies and measures are in the same area.
- A little code optimization has been made.
- The documentation updated.
- The measures in the "Values" area are duplicated on their moving.
- Grid is displayed twice when this or some parent HTML element has absolute positioning.
- JScript-error on calling on Writeback dialog for the grid data cells.
- Sometimes grouping and computing of calculated values on the client are performed incorrect.
- Some bugs in Design time Connection Editor have been fixed.
(November 20, 2006):
- New property MDXCellsetThreshold allows to limit the size of fetched cellset, and so to prevent the web server from "hanging".
- A few additional web-styles have been added to let the grid look and feel better without making use of OnRenderCell event handler.
- A few color schemes have been added which may ease using the Grid in your web-projects.
- The documentation updated.
- The fixed columns and rows are not scrolled in Firefox.
- The error on scrolling the grid with the value-sorting on.
- Some performance errors.
(November 15, 2006):
- The MDX-queries generator significantly remade and enhanced.
- The mechanism of hierarchies initialization changed: RadarCube now works much faster and requires less server memory.
- The caching of fetched cube data improved.
- Now the headers of rows and strings are fixed on scrolling the grid.
- The appearance of pivot areas changed to save screen space.
- 100 AJAX support: all operations of Grid, Pivot, and Hierarchy nEditor are now performed in Callback-mode.
- Hierarchy Editor has been fully remade. Now the size of the hierarchy being edited doesn?t affect the performance.
- The ability of searching for members has been added into the Hierarchy Editor.
- The grid behavior in case of exception is improved: now you can get back to the latest correct grid state and send a letter to the support service with the error description.
- Now you can save the current grid slice to and restore from an XML document. See TOLAPGrid.Serializer.
- Documentation has been updated.
- The problem of "" in MSAS 2005 has been eliminated.
- Different Jscript errors have been fixed.
- The members sorting inside a group is sometimes done incorrectly.
- Sometimes RadarCube "hangs" on a callback error.
(October 16, 2006):
- Demo Application now includes many examples of how to use RadarCube Library.
- The multilevel hierarchies with three or more levels now work faster.
- The OLAP Server connection editor has been changed to provide the full compatibility with the ADOMD.NET requirements.
- The render procedures have been optimized to provide more effective HTML code producing.
- New property DataTotalCellStyle allows to define the style of Total-cells in the data area.
- Documentation has been improved.
- RadarCube hangs up on an attempt to create a group.
- The Drillthrough function doesn?t work with MS AS 2000.
- Functions for drilling in the context menu don?t work.
- In the OnRenderCell event the format style is impossible to change.
- On clicking the space between the grid cells with the right mouse button a Jscript error occurs.
(September 5, 2006):
- Export to MS Excel.
- AJAX enabled pivoting.
- Support of KPIs.
- Ability to view more than one measure display modes at the same time.
- Web parts support.
- Documentation enhanced considerably.
- If the Grid is created before the Cube on the page, then the second Grid operation results in "Index out of range" error.
(August 22, 2006):
- The algorithm of hierarchy initialization has been changed. Now the operation of moving a hierarchy into a different ierarchyactive area is performed much faster (10 times as fast and more).
- The ability of hierarchies page-viewing has been added. This allows to significantly lessen the network traffic and make the OLAP analysis easier.
- The memory occupied by the component on the web server has been reduced.
- AJAX support has been improved.
- Documentation updated.
- THierarchy.AllowHierarchyEditor property doesn?t work.
- The operation of drilling in the column area results in a changed value-sorting order.